Released June 15, 2009 - SVN build 22.214.171.1246
This Generally Available (GA) release includes the following improved and new features:
- Automatic file reference updates when you Move or Rename BizView files.
- A new service editor for reading and writing binary, text, and XML using the File BizComponent has been implemented. New line-terminated records are now better supported in the File Service editor.
- The servlet and command line processor now generate JSON-formatted data when requested (_OUTPUT_TYPE=json). JSON input is also supported in Designer wizards and an XML/JSON converter is implemented in the Tools menu.
- Oracle CLOBs can now be handled with SQL and Stored Procedure BizComponents.
- The optional extension is now delivered as an instruction (xa:optional) and supported in the BizDocument wizard screens. While every effort was made to implement the same behavior, some differences may exist. XAware recommends reviewing the examples and help and migrating any implemented optional extensions to the new instruction.
- Full support of SOAP headers, including editing, adding, and deleting has been added to the SOAP wizard.
- BLOBs can now be handled with SQL and Stored Procedure BizComponents, and CLOB support for MySQL has been added.
- The Salesforce wizard has been overhauled with this release; including support for joins and more. This BizComponent will no longer return unsubstituted values for valid fields if no data is returned for those fields from Salesforce. We also abandoned the use of the frag sets in Salesforce where clauses. This change is supported by the wizard, so if you have existing Salesforce BizComponents that use the frag set, edit those BizComponents through the wizard to clear them.
- Improvements to SQL processing include detection for insert and update operations (xa:oper="insert", xa:oper="update", xa:oper="insert_update") to determine which inbound elements are present and only including insert or update statement fragments for those columns corresponding to elements being passed in. In addition, a new pass through mode ensures that SQL can be passed directly to the database without intervention by the XAware engine (except for the expected substitutions). Prepared statements are not used in this new mode and it must be set manually.
- Changes to the HTTP Connector include all header variables saved as session variables available in the BizDocument using the normal variable syntax. Previously, only select header variables were available. Now, $xavar:host$ provides the value of the HTTP header variable "host". The variables are read-only. To aid diagnostics, all session variables can be dumped out using a new XA-Script command, xa:show_session_variables. For example: <vars xa:show_session_variables=""/> in a BizDocument will dump all session variables as individual elements for viewing, and <vars show_session_variables="http.*"/> will dump variables with names beginning with 'http'. The optional attribute is treated as a regular expression used to match variable names.
- Improvements have been implemented for the prediction displayed in the Outline View for all BizComponent types.
- A new looping construct has been added to support looping (xa:loop).
- The startup sequence has been modified to guide users through options and pre-load examples.
- To insert empty or null values into a database, you can use xa:empty or xa:null as the xa:default value.
- To insert database functions, you can use the function in the column map with the xa:default="literal" attribute applied to that element.
- New BizComponent icons have been implemented across the Designer interface.
- A new composite instruction xa:if/xa:elseif/xa:else has been implemented and is available in the Palette as a snippet.
- To allow access to the root BizDocument session element, or to the root of the original input XML, a new axis is implemented: xa-root.
- Support for non transactional databases has been implemented through a new BizDriver parameter, xa:transactional="no".
- Updates to the wiki content supporting command line BizDocument execution.
- Users are now presented with a list of examples to be loaded upon startup.
- XAware has made a change to the delivered Tomcat installation to direct STDOUT messages to appear in the console, similar to the JBoss instance available with the installers. If you use your own Tomcat installation, you may want to duplicate the changes we've implemented, which are described in the XAware wikis.
- We corrected the spelling of a JDBC element: xa:defaultAutoCommit. If you have used this parameter in your JDBC BizDrivers, please update it now.
- We abandoned the use of the frag set with Salesforce BizComponents, so you'll want to edit your existing Salesforce BizComponents using
- the wizard to clear those.
- The optional extension is now delivered as an instruction, so if you have any services that implement that instruction, you'll want to update them accordingly.
Defects and Workarounds:
- Selecting Cancel on a SQL wizard causes the application to crash (1874924).
- This issue is on Linux only, and it was verified in SUSE Enterprise Desktop 10; however, the stack trace indicates the problem is in the gtk code, which is part of the gnome desktop. This problem is not with XAware, and using SUSE 10 with gde 2.12.2 or Fedora 9 with gde 2.22.3 works just fine.
- Selecting Finish causes crash (2490537). This issue is with Linux only, and the stack trace indicates the problem is in the gtk code, which is part of the gnome desktop. This problem is not with XAware, and using SUSE 10 with gde 2.12.2 or Fedora 9 with gde 2.22.3 works just fine. An upgrade to SUSE 11.1, which has gde 2.24 also eliminates the problem.
- Installing the Salesforce plug-in over an existing open source workspace in Windows does not allow the install to remove existing plug-in jar files. As a workaround, you can close Designer and remove the old dynamic/jars from the directory and restart. Because Salesforce has changed significantly with this release, it's recommended to start with a fresh workspace and a new install.
Over 114 defects were fixed in this release. Current and fixed defects can be reviewed by logging into the XAware project on Sourceforge.net.
Released October 19, 2009 - SVN build 126.96.36.1994
This stable release contains the results of the following efforts:
Fixed in this release ...
- Updates to generating web services from WSDL files to ensure that SOAP faults defined in the WSDL are populated into the BizDocument to allow faults to be passed back and handled as the user defines.
Please Note: if you use the wizards to update BizComponent files from previous versions, the xa:version number will be updated to 6.0 even if you make no changes in the wizards. This is a recently added feature to enable easy BizView file upgrades.
- DE 81 Issue with applying a functoid in the service editor.